One AWWA Operator Scholarship
Illinois Section American Water Works Association (ISAWWA) is dedicated to safe and sustainable water for Illinois. We realize that water is a limited precious resource and we need to protect it as our life depends on it. From potable water to wastewater, we are your "total water" resource. ISAWWA’s mission is to provide resources for the management and advocacy of safe and sustainable water.
Recognizing that water is the basic element of life, ISAWWA values are:
• Act with integrity and transparency
• Dedicated to water stewardship
• Encourage careers in the water industry
• Foster collaboration, diversity and professionalism
• Promote public confidence and satisfaction
• Protect public health
• Provide value
The ISAWWA Outreach Committee’s specific mission is to educate the general public on the essential functions and importance of the water industry, the water cycle and water treatment, and career paths in the water industry. In fulfillment of the mission, the committee is pleased to announce The One AWWA Operator Scholarship Award.The Illinois Section will award up to $2000.00 in scholarships for Operator Training. ($1000.00 from ISAWWA with a match of $1000.00 from AWWA National)
Purpose of the One AWWA Operator Scholarship Award
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, an additional 7,000 water and wastewater operators will be needed over the next decade. As technology becomes even more complicated, so will the demands on operators. The One AWWA Operator Scholarship addresses the present and future workforce need for operators by providing training and educational funding.
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship is funded through a matching fund from AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and participating Sections listed below.
AWWA’s The Water Equation and the Illinois Section will award the One AWWA Operator Scholarship up to the amount of $2,000 for Water Operating training and education annually. This $2,000 can be divided among multiple applicants as determined by the scholarship award selection team.
Scholarship awards can be used for certification/licensure, two-year related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences focused on water, wastewater, and/or stormwater.
• Applicant must be a current water or wastewater operator or seeking to enter the water, wastewater, or stormwater profession.
• Applicant must be seeking a certification/licensure, two-year related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and/or operator related conferences/training focused on water, wastewater, and/or stormwater
• Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Illinois Section of ISAWWA to the financial office of recipient’s college, university, or technical school. The award recipient will be responsible for providing all payment information to ISAWWA and shall allow 45 to 60 days for payment.
• Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
• Applicant must reside or work within the State of Illinois.
• Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.
Please fill out the application below to be considered for an One AWWA Operator Scholarship Award. Deadline for 2017 consideration is January 31, 2017.