Video #439 - Pipeline Repair for Water Utilities - IEPA#5520
1 DVD - .25 RTC
Locating and fixing pipe leaks is one of the most expensive repairs
incurred by water utilities and is one of the most important jobs of
distribution system employees.
Pipeline Repair for Water Utilities shows workers step-by-step the basics of making durable repairs to underground water pipelines.
• Designed to supplement field training for new employees in one of
the most critical aspects of distribution system maintenance, pipeline
• Demonstrates the tools, parts, and procedures for repairing common
leaks and breaks, including beam breaks, longitudinal splits, blowouts,
holes, punctures, and corrosion leaks
• Covers advance preparations, worksite safety, trench excavation,
shoring, dewatering, traffic control, personal protective clothing, and
• Emphasizes the importance of, and provides techniques for, preventing pipeline contamination during repair
• Demonstrates repair testing, pipe flushing, disinfection, water
sampling, backfilling the trench, and documentation of the repair
20 minutes running time
Rental information -Includes test for renewal training credits for one person - additional tests are $5.00 each
$10.00 for Illinois Section AWWA members or small systems
$20.00 for non Illinois Section AWWA members.
Renter is responsible for postage for returning in good condition.
A $200.00 FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR ALL UNRETURNED VIDEOS