Radiation Worker Training for Operators at Radium Removal WEBINAR
RENEWAL TRAINING CREDIT HOURS FOR WATER OPERATORS AND ENGINEERS 1.00
TOTAL HOURS 1:00
LIVE DATE: 10/01/13
Objective: Provide the knowledge to work safely in the restricted areas of the water treatment plants
using the proper radiological practices.
Specific items to be presented:
- Fundamentals of Radiation
- Biological Effects of Radiation
- Sources of Radiation
- Back wash solids
- Radiation Exposure Minimization
- Dose Limits
- General Public 100 milli-rems per year
- Radiation Workers
- Sources of radiation at Radium Removal Plants
- Radiation Controls in the Plant.
- Posting areas requiring permits for entry
Eli Port, Certified Health Physicist, RSSI, Inc.
Dennis L. Duffield, P.E., Duffield Consulting Engineers, Ltd.
COST & REGISTRATION: Illinois Section AWWA Members: FREE; Nonmembers: $30.00
Once you have purchased the archived webinar, you will receive an email confirmation. This email will include a link to the directions on how to view the webinar and obtain your training credit hours.