#446 - Safety First: Lockout/Tagout - 2 DVD Set
Video #1: Lockout/Tagout for Water Distribution
Lockout/tagout is one of the most important safety procedures that water operators need to know. Needless injuries and deaths happen year after year, either because lockout/tagout was improperly performed, or because it was not communicated to all parties who should have known.
This video provides a basic overview of lockout/tagout procedures, including why equipment must be locked and tagged when taken out of service, who performs the procedure, what materials and equipment are needed, notification, and record keeping.
Video #2: Lockout/Tagout for Electrical Equipment
Utility workers are routinely exposed to life-threatening injuries from the unexpected startup of equipment during maintenance.
Viewers will learn:
- What employers must do to comply with OSHA’s lockout/tagout rules
- Lockout/tagout program guidelines for water utilities
- Type of lockout and tagout devices
- Communication procedures to notify affected employees
- Use of shutdown approval forms
- Shutting off power at the source
- Shift-worker protocol
- Removal of lockout/tagout devices
- Powering up after lockout/tagout work is finished
- Ongoing employee training
Rental information -
$10.00 for Illinois Section AWWA members or small systems
$20.00 for non Illinois Section AWWA members.
Includes test for renewal training credits for one person - additional tests are $5.00 each
Renter is responsible for postage for returning in good condition.
A $200.00 FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR ALL UNRETURNED VIDEOS