#2010 - Pandemic Planning for Water Utilities WEBINAR IEPA#5373
#2010 - "Pandemic Planning For Water Utilities” IEPA#5373Delivered on: 10/27/2009
RTC Hours: 0.5 Total Hours: 0.5
Presented by: John Smith, Retired, City of Decatur
You probably have a disaster plan for your water utility, but a pandemic is a different kind of disaster. Now is the time to do additional planning so you are ready if this kind of disaster should strike. Here are some scenarios to consider:
• How will your utility operate if you are not there due to sickness or quarantine?
• What about other key members of your staff?
• What will you do if members of your family are extremely sick? What about staff member’s families?
• What will you do if some staff members refuse to report to work even thought they are not sick?
• Are you able to operate some of your utility remotely?
• What if it becomes difficult to receive chemical deliveries on time due to truck driver shortages?
• What if a crucial piece of equipment needs immediate maintenance? Have you developed a list of electrical,
mechanical, and other vendors that will respond to an emergency? What if that vendor has a large number of employees out due to sickness?
This webinar is a guide on how to plan and respond to the influenza pandemic.
Illinois Section AWWA Members: FREE; Nonmembers: $30.00
Once you have purchased the archived webinar, a link will be sent to you to view the webinar. The link is good for 7 days. Once you have viewed the webinar, please log in to the website with the survey link sent to you. Complete the survey and your renewal training credit hours will be issued to you and you may print your certification online.